ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Monday, November 22, 2010

Fresh Face: pixi at Target

Oh Target, how I love thee.  When I was younger I absolutely hated going to Kmart or Target with my mom.  I was always worried that someone I knew would see us shopping in there and think that we were (gasp!) poor.  The only thing that made it worth the risk was the chance that I would get a sweet new pair of jelly shoes that I would get to wear out of the store.  I still love to throw my old shoes in the shoe box (or medium brown bag) and walk of a store in a brand new pair of shoes.  Its the most delicious instant gratification.

Somehow between the late 80s and present day, Target evolved from a place of potential embarrassment to a joyous wonderland full of everything one needs in life.  And now that joyous wonderland includes a few great makeup collections by legit brands at more affordable prices than their sister collections at Sephora.  One of these collections is Pixi.  I am not going to lie, I did have sticker shock at first.  Most of the items in this collection are priced between $25-$30, which is a little pricey for Target.  But one lunch break, I decided to test drive some of the products to see if they were worth their fancy price tag.

My favorite product in the collection was the Fresh Face Healthy Skintone Booster in Peach.  I was a little scared at first because it is totally peach.  And I was on my lunch break and I still had to go back to my office, so I couldn't make myself look like too much of a clown whore.  But what the hell, I couldn't resist seeing if it justified the $28 price tag.  The prognosis: this crap is awesome.  It totally gives you a healthy glow like you just went for a long run in crisp country air or a vigorous roll in the hay.  I think it even made my teeth look whiter.

buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment