ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shit I Love: Eyelash Extensions.

So there is this place by work.  It is not a fancy place.  It is definitely not in a fancy area.  But it is pretty fabulous in my book.  That place is KT Nails.  About a month ago when I started on the HCG diet to lose the love pounds I picked up living with Boyfriend, I had to make a few life changes.  Because of the way the HCG diet works, you aren't allowed to use any beauty products or cosmetics that have oils or fats in them (except mineral oil).  Now, I don't wear a ton of makeup on a regular basis, but there is one thing I couldn't live with out.  Mascara.  I have kinda puny eyelashes that are lighter on the tips so I feel kinda naked without mascara.  Vanity, thy name is Sisyphus.  
 
So the thought of going a month without mascara or other makeup seemed pretty problematic.  It's bad enough I was feeling chubby and frumpy on account of the extra pounds.  

In walks KT Nails (found via yelp).  They offer lashes ranging from $17-$80 for a full set.  The $17 ones are big clumps of lashes that they put on and kinda look like halloween or a drag show.  The $80 ones are the individual lashes that are applied 1 by 1.  The $40 ones are little clumps of 3 lashes each, but they don't wing out side to side like the $17 version.  I picked the $40 ones, figuring if they looked too cheap, I would maybe switch up to the $80 ones.  To my surprise, they look totally awesome.  To me, they look just like the ones that are applied 1 by 1, just half the price.  They are gloriously long and flirty, but they are not full drag show lashes.  Also, touch ups are only $8-$12 depending on how many lashes you lost in between visits.  After about 3 weeks, I needed $10 worth of touch up work.  I think they are worth the price just for the time saved on not having to put on or take off mascara every day.  Plus they are way better looking than my natural lashes with mascara.

KT Nails is located at 506 W. Chapman, Placentia, CA 92870.  (714) 854-9084.  Walk ins are totally welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment