ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

There is no K in Collection

God save us all.  The Kardashians have launched their "Kollection" at Sears.  The good news is I don't go into Sears very often, except when pricing electronics or appliances (yeah, yeah, I admitted I occasionally venture into Sears - gotta love the 'burbs).  Anyhow, so before I looked at said Kollection, I was thinking to myself "Self, maybe if the Kardashians didn't insist on replacing all of the C's in the world with K's I wouldn't dislike them so much."  

Horrid Kjumper
Horrid Kpants
Then I looked at the Kollection.  And I remembered why I dislike them.  Overpriced Trash.  How fitting.  If you have been to this site before, you know that I have no problem with discount retailers like  H&M and Forever 21 (ok, some problems).  I think there is a very real need in the marketplace for what  I call Disposable Closables.  Fashion for the People.  The slutty drunk people mostly, but still people.

But the difference between F21 and H&M and the Kardashian Kollection is... well there are two main differences that strike me.  1.  At least I can find some acceptable items at F21 and H&M.  2. The price points!  I want to know what Sears shopper is prepared to drop 99 bones on a tacky jumper or a tacky pair of sequined trashbag pants.  I have spent way more than $99 on a pair of pants or an outfit before, but gosh, I at least felt like I was getting something for my money.  Perhaps they were inspried by the words of the fabulous Ms. Dolly Parton, "It costs a lot of money to look this cheap."

On the bright side, if they keep throwing K's in front of everything, it makes it easier to discern what shit to stay away from.

No comments:

Post a Comment