ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recipe: Skinny Minnie Strawberry Sorbet

So, as you may know, I have been on a little bit of a diet lately.  Today is my first day of maintenance,and altogether I think the diet has been really successful.  As of today, I have lost 17.5 pounds in just under a month.  I am not totally in the clear though.  I still have 3 weeks of maintenance with no carbs or sugar (though most fruit is allowed- hooray!) to make sure that I stabilize at this weight (+/- 2 pounds).

But anyways, back to the point of this post.  Maintenance means I can start adding back in a wider variety of food.*  Which means fun, skinny minnie recipes, like this super easy and delicious strawberry sorbet.**  Easy is an understatement - it   doesn't even begin to describe how easy this is.  

Ingredients:

7 medium strawberries
1/2 lemon
2-3 drops of Vanilla Creme Liquid Stevia***

Directions:
1. Remove stem from strawberries (duh), and cut in quarters (not really necessary, but it speeds things up).
2. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon directly into knock off magic bullet blender (watch out for seeds!)
3. Add Strawberries and Stevia to taste
4. Blend
5. Freeze

Because this makes a perfect single serving portion, it freezes super fast (yay for Ziploc mini containers, this one was the perfect size!).  Mine set to the perfect amount of freeziness while I took a long bath.  The end  product was just the perfect amount of sweet and tart.  I can't wait to try it with other seasonal fruits.

*Note:  This recipe is actually allowed in Phase 2 and Phase 3 (Maintenance) of the diet.
**Note: Fat is allowed in moderation during maintenance, so some of my recipes will have fat, just not carbs or added sugar.
***Per the HCG diet, liquid stevia is the only sweetener allowed.  If you are not following the HCG diet, you can throw in a little splenda, or if you are feeling really crazy, a little bit of real sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment