ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Shit I Love: MAC Mineralize


Mineralize Foundation
So on account of el crazypants diet I just finished up, I have discovered a few awesome things as of late.  First and foremost: MAC Mineralize line.  Because of the way the HCG diet works, you aren't allowed to use any beauty products or cosmetics that have oils or fats in them (except mineral oil).  At this stage in life (mostly because I get to work at 6AM), I don't wear a ton of makeup.  But (also mostly because I get to work at 6AM) I do rely on concealer.  Usually, I just swipe on a little concealer, bronzer and mascara and I am good (enough) to go.  So since most concealers and foundations are made with fats and oils, I was gonna have to do without.  

Luckily, one of my ladyfriends is way more into makeup than I am and alerted me to the fact that MAC now has a mineral line.  Sweet! Time for a trip to the mall.  So after trying basically all of the items in the mineralize line, and scrutinizing the ingredients lists to the best of my ability, I settle on a foundation, a dark shadow to use as an eyeliner, a shadow duo, and a bronzer.  Whoops I guess I went a little overboard.  So I used to use MAC's foundation  and pressed powder all the time back in the day because I loved the coverage and whatnot.  But as of late, I just phased foundation and powder out of my life.  The mineralize foundation is nice for gals who aren't really "foundation" gals because its a little lighter than MAC's other foundations.  It has SPF 15 and goes on really smooth and light.  The coverage is pretty without looking too made up.  Nice.

Smoked Ruby
So I also got the Smoked Ruby shadow to use as an eyeliner.  It's a mish mosh of metallic dark red and black, but mostly black.  It makes a gorgeous almost black liner when applied wet, and also makes a pretty awesome smokey shade when applied dry if you're into that thing.  The other stuff I got was great, but these two were my favorites of all of my mineralize booty.

No comments:

Post a Comment