ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Friday, August 12, 2011

Diet Tales: Day 22. The Final Stretch!

Day: 22, Wednesday August 10, 2011; 20th VLC Day

Daily Weight Change: -1 lb
Total Weight Change: -14 lbs

I am almost done with the minimum number of VLC days! And still losing!  Per the protocol, you have to commit at least 21 days without cheating in order to fully "reset" your hypothalamus.  Then you have 3 days of VLC while not taking the drops in order to get the HCG out of your system.  I am so pumped up by the fact that I am still losing, that I think I just might have it in me to push it a few days further to try to get a little closer to my goal of 19 lbs.  

I am so motivated that I stopped by Sprouts (double ad Wednesday!! woohoo!) and picked up some (gasp!) grapefruit.  I really want to stay on a roll with these losses, and yourhcg.com suggests that having grapefruit as your fruit is a good way to pump up the losses.  Until now, I have avoided that shit like the plague.  My general stance on grapefruit is that whoever decided that it was edible was smoking some sort of crack or something.  But, like I said, I am motivated.  I want to get to that damn goal, and I don't want to stay on VLC forever.  To my surprise, the grapefruit was actually not too bad.  I didn't put stevia or any type of sweetener on it.  Just ate it plain.  I think this diet is screwing with my taste buds.  But it was totally fine.  Not super awesome or delicious, but fine.  I also had a nice piece of cod.  I had been on a chicken and shrimp kick lately and it's been a while since I did up some cod, so that was a nice change.  I had a pretty serious water day of 153 ounces.  Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment