ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Friday, November 19, 2010

Sissy Loves Sequins

According to Wikipedia, sequins have been around since as early as 2500 years before Christ.  Such longevity is clear evidence of the genius of sequins.  Sequins are extremely useful, whether they are jazzing up a 7 year old's tap costume or helping a 20-something gal in NYC (or a showgirl!) call extra attention to herself at a bar or club.  The problem is that you have to exercise caution with where on your body you display sequins so you don't accidentally look like the gussied up elephant at the circus. 

Now, at first I was kinda skeptical when I started seeing sequined shorts around stores lately.  There are so many ways this can go wrong. The chaffing!  But the more I see them the more I kinda love them.  I do wish this trend would have come around a little closer to my early twenties, because I don't think that they are appropriate on anyone over the age of 26 (well, they are probably acceptable for celebrities and cast members from the movie Burlesque).

Thoughts?


1 comment: