ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Me Love You Long Time

I have been really wanting a pair of over-the-knee boots ever since I tried on my friend Nicci's over-the-knee boots at happy hour at the Edison. (What? You don't try on your friends' shoes at bars?)  But Over-the-knee boots are tricky. You want to look sexy but not like a complete street walker. 

Nicci's boots were fabulous.  The Sam Edelman "Sutton" boots shown on the right.  They are currently on sale at Zappos for about $240, down from $298.  The problem is, I am not ready to fully commit to the trend to the tune of a couple of hundred dollars.  I think its totally justifiable to spend a fat wad of cash on a classic pair of boots that will carry you through multiple seasons.  However, I know that there is a high likelihood that after one or two wears my new over-the-knee boots will probably find their way to the what-was-I-thinking basket.

The "Nathaniel" Boot by DV Dolce Vita (shown in grey so you can see the detail) is a good way to ease into the trend.  The heel is not too high, only 2.75 inches.  The suede makes them a little less hookery too (though maybe a little puss-in-boots-y).  I like the detail, its a little western without looking like you just rolled out of the Boot Barn. And right now they are only $111.30 at Bloomingdale's.



1 comment: