ed note

Editor's Note: I think the word delightful is kinda lame, but I really like the alliteration. :)

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Forever Fridays

Welcome to my first official Forever Fridays post.  Friday is a very special day of the week.  And you know what is also special? Forever 21.  I remember a very special day, way back in the 1990's, when a very special new store opened up at the Mainplace Mall in Santa Ana.  This very special store was the World's First Forever 21.  Well... it probably wasn't the world's first Forever 21, but it was definitely the first Forever in my life.  At the time, this store seemed like any other Junior's Clothing Store. You know, like Wet Seal, Contempo Casuals, Charlotte Russe.  What I didn't know back then was that this store was part of a revolution.  A life changing revolution.  A Disposable Clothesables Revolution.  A way of life.  Where else can you get a knockoff of some designer dress or some hoochie going out top for $5.60 or $8.40? (Editor's note: this was many years before H&M, the Ikea of Clothes and another great source of disposable knockoff clothing, came in to my life, and even H&M can't compete with the awesomely disposableness that is Forever)

So anyway, what is Forever Fridays?  Forever Fridays is a salute to this revolutionary and groundbreaking retail establishment, its hits and its misses, its daring risks and its wt-mother-effs.  And, in the spirit of wt-mother-eff, I give you the following:




"Oh, Hi. I seem to have lost my bunny prozac.  Can you help me find it? I started looking for it, but then I got distracted thinking about how my dress could totally be cuter and more flattering if the stripes in the bottom were all zig zaggy like the top part of the dress.  or if it fit better.  now I'm tired and feeling a little hopeless about life.  at least it was only $22.80"

Sad Bunny Dress

* and yes, I know that it is not technically Friday yet... but I just couldn't wait.

xoxo,

SIS

1 comment:

  1. I miss F21 & H&M excursions in the Big Apple w/ Sis. Please instruct me how to bargain shop on my own!!

    ReplyDelete